Fermenting Vegetables: A Traditional Skill that Helps You Preserve Vegetables Easily!
Fermenting vegetables is an effective and relatively simple way to preserve vegetables and enjoy great-tasting probiotic foods at every meal.
By the time you’re done with this class, you’ll be serving good health at every meal with your made-from-scratch sauerkraut, pickles, fermented carrots, fermented salsa and more!
You can incorporate this simple traditional skill into your life whether you live in an apartment in the city or on a 40-acre homestead.
This is a skill you can use even if you’re buying your veggies from grocery stores or at the farmer’s market.
Using fermentation helps you save money and ensures there’s nothing going to waste in your kitchen. You can easily bulk buy cabbage when it’s marked down and turn it into sauerkraut and kimchi! YUM!
Give Your Family the Gift of Good Gut Health
Fermenting vegetables can feel daunting, but it’s easier than you think. You only need salt, filtered water and basic kitchen equipment (think knife and glass jars!).
But the benefits of fermenting are so many.
It’s well known that fermented foods can reduce the discomfort associated with IBS, bloating and other digestive issues. The immunity-boosting powers of fermented foods are well known too!
Not only do you improve immunity, digestion and gut health thanks to the good bacteria in fermented foods, but you also enjoy great-tasting snacks, sides and garnishes.
Snacking on a fermented carrot stick dipped in ranch? SO good!
Enjoy the tang of your sauerkraut when you top it on your fried egg and toast in the morning. Your soups, stews and roasts will have a delicious fresh taste all winter, thanks to your fermented veggies.
You only need a little of these fermented foods to see the difference they can make. And your family will always have these at hand, thanks to the fermenting skills you’re going to acquire now!
Your Traditional Skills Lesson Plan.
Good Gut Health … Now at Your Fingertips!
- Lesson 1: You Can Ferment Your Own Food!
- Lesson 2: Meet Lisa
- Lesson 3: Get Your Fermenting Supplies
- Lesson 4: Which Veggies Can You Ferment?
- Lesson 5: Fermenting Carrots and The Science Behind Vegetable Fermentation
- Lesson 6: Fermenting Garlic and Onions in a High Salt Brine
- Lesson 7: Fermenting Pickles and Temperature Science
- Lesson 8: Self-Brining Vegetables
- Lesson 9: Salsa and Alternative Methods to Fermentation
- Lesson 10: How to Use Your Ferments
- Lesson 11: You Can Ferment Vegetables
- BONUS: FAQ Video Section…your answers to top questions
Your Skill Instructor: Lisa Bass
Hi! I’m Lisa Bass, a small-town Missouri native and country girl at heart.
In January 2019, my husband Luke and I sold our old home and purchased a 2400-square-foot Victorian farmhouse on 7 acres and moved there with our 6 children.
I love natural remedies and whole foods. Something that my cabinets stuffed with essential oils and bulk herbs will vouch for!
Sewing and crafting are my happy place and honestly, if you’d lock me up in my craft room for 24 hours, I wouldn’t be the least bit sad about it.
I’m a total health nut and you’ll often find at least 2 or 3 things fermenting on the counter in my kitchen.
I was introduced to the benefits of fermenting over 13 years ago when I had my first child. I wanted to do everything I could do to support her health and immune system naturally. I read about gut health in the GAPS book by Natasha Campbell McBride and Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell.
Both opened my eyes to the science behind introducing good bacteria to our diets.
Continue Building Your Traditional Skills … Confidently!
Traditionally Cured Pork
Nutritious Bone Broths
Raised Bed Gardens
Garden Season Extension
Your School of Traditional Skills Membership Includes
Unlimited access to in-depth video classes by expert instructors!
Faster skill-building and application with printable class-specific Skill Sheets!
Learn anywhere with our easy-to-use portal and app! (App coming early 2023!)
Give School of Traditional Skills
a Spin for 30 Days
Your enrollment in School of Traditional Skills is protected by our “See It to Believe It” Guarantee.
You have a FULL 30 days to decide if School of Traditional Skills is the perfect place for you to master homesteading and self-sufficiency skills from the best experts.
If on Day 30, you decide it isn’t what we promised … email us and we’ll return your money. No questions asked.
Not only that, even after 30 days you can easily cancel your subscription at any time and not be billed in the future. You can view our complete terms and conditions here.
Start with School of Traditional Skills for Less than $0.80/day
The most affordable way to get premium access to every new course on traditional skills.
- Save money — you save nearly 20% compared to the monthly plan
- New classes added regularly!
- 24/7 online access to all current classes and new releases as long as you remain a member
- Build a plan, work at your own pace, season by season
Stay up to date with your favorite instructors and work on your skills month by month!
- Monthly access to all training and resources available on the School of Traditional Skills
- Get access to newly released classes as long as you remain a member
- The freedom and flexibility to plan your projects, month by month
Get grandfathered into lifetime access to the best training in self-sufficiency you’ll find.
- Every year we’ll be adding more courses, instructors, materials, and resources
- You’ll have access to everything we ever release, forever
- This is a value that will only grow over time.
- Sign up today, stay up to date for life!
Here’s what happens once you click the button above!
You’ll go to a secure checkout page. Your data is always protected and safe.
You’ll get an email from us with your login information and details on how to use your membership.
Sharpen Those Skills!
Login in from your home computer, laptop or phone. You’re all set to master traditional skills from the comfort of your home.