Factory-farmed grocery store meat? Your family deserves better…
Buying meat at the grocery store is easy.
Raising and butchering animals yourself is… well… not so easy. Especially when you’re new to it.
But there are a LOT of really good reasons to do it yourself instead of relying on factory farms and industrial meat processors.
For starters, you get complete control over the quality of the meat you feed your family. You know exactly where the animals come from, what they were fed, and how they were treated.
In addition, you won’t have to worry about supply chain issues or shortages. And as inflation continues to affect food prices, you’ll save a lot of money doing it yourself.
And ultimately, home butchering deepens your relationship with your food supply, and gives you a better understanding of what it means to be a meat eater. Once you’ve butchered an animal yourself, you’ll never take another bite of meat for granted.
And while home butchery may not be easy, it doesn’t have to be hard. As you'll soon discover, there are a handful of simple principles you can follow that will drastically shorten your learning curve, and remove much of the stress and fear surrounding this skill.
Rest assured, you can do this!
Brandon Sheard will show you how.
Treat your family to home-raised… home butchered… home-cooked meat!
We’ve been taught that only someone in a sterile lab coat can be trusted to process meat.
That your chicken, pork, beef and lamb MUST come from a factory, wrapped neatly in plastic and styrofoam.
As Brandon Sheard will happily tell you, that’s simply not true!
People have been raising livestock and processing their own meat for thousands of years, without permission from the grocery store… factory farms… or industrial meat processors. And without knowing the “proper” butchery cuts.
You CAN become a home butcher… giving your animals a good life, and just as importantly, a good death.
That’s what Brandon taught himself to do.
Now, he never buys meat at the grocery store.
And soon, you won’t have to either.
Your Traditional Skills Lesson Plan
with From Pasture to Plate
- Lesson 1: You Can Harvest Your Animals at Home
- Lesson 2: Meet Brandon Sheard
- Lesson 3: Get Your Supplies
- Lesson 4: The Middle Ground between Commercial and Hobbyist
- Lesson 5: Handling the Animal – Sheep Jiu Jitsu
- Lesson 6: Making the Kill
- Lesson 7: Skinning Part 1 – Hanging
- Lesson 8: Skinning Part 2 – The Back Side of the Sheep
- Lesson 9: Skinning Part 3 – The Front of the Sheep
- Lesson 10: Eviscerating
- Lesson 11: Processing the Head and Tongue
- Lesson 12: Hanging the Carcass to Chill
- Lesson 13: Portioning the Carcass – The Official Butchery
- Lesson 14: Removing the Neck and Cannon Bones
- Lesson 15: Quartering the Sheep
- Lesson 16: Dividing the Back Legs and the Shoulder
- Lesson 17: Cleaning Your Wood Surface
- Lesson 18: Cleaning Your Knives and Tools
- Lesson 19: Wrapping for the Freezer
- Lesson 20: Curing a Leg of Lamb
- Lesson 21: Braising Tough Cuts
- Lesson 22: Pan Frying Tender Cuts
- Lesson 23: Roasting Tough Cuts
- Lesson 24: Your Next Steps
- BONUS: FAQ Video Section…
Your Skill Instructor: Brandon Sheard
Hi! I’m Brandon Sheard. Along with my wife, Lauren, and our 8 beautiful kids, I call northeastern Oklahoma home.
My wife and I started Farmstead Meatsmith in 2010. Since then, we’ve been offering on-farm slaughter and traditional butchery and charcuterie.
However, I wasn’t born a butcher or even grew up to be one.
I grew up in suburbia and studied Renaissance English literature.
I learned this skill because, like you, I wanted to feed my family well. Once I tasted the superior flavor of home-raised, home-butchered meat and realized how much money it would save our family … I knew I couldn’t go back.
I limited myself to only eating the meat I could raise and butcher myself. I completely stopped buying meat from the store.
I’m proudly self-taught and can’t wait to share this skill with you so you can butcher your animals yourself without any fear or hesitation.
Continue Building Your Traditional Skills … Confidently!
Traditionally Cured Pork
Nutritious Bone Broths
Raised Bed Gardens
Garden Season Extension
Your School of Traditional Skills Membership Includes
Unlimited access to in-depth video classes by expert instructors!
Faster skill-building and application with printable class-specific Skill Sheets!
Learn anywhere with our easy-to-use portal and app! (App coming early 2023!)
Give School of Traditional Skills
a Spin for 30 Days
Your enrollment in School of Traditional Skills is protected by our “See It to Believe It” Guarantee.
You have a FULL 30 days to decide if School of Traditional Skills is the perfect place for you to master homesteading and self-sufficiency skills from the best experts.
If on Day 30, you decide it isn’t what we promised … email us and we’ll return your money. No questions asked.
Not only that, even after 30 days you can easily cancel your subscription at any time and not be billed in the future. You can view our complete terms and conditions here.
Start with School of Traditional Skills for Less than $0.80/day
The most affordable way to get premium access to every new course on traditional skills.
- Save money — you save nearly 20% compared to the monthly plan
- New classes added regularly!
- 24/7 online access to all current classes and new releases as long as you remain a member
- Build a plan, work at your own pace, season by season
Stay up to date with your favorite instructors and work on your skills month by month!
Get grandfathered into lifetime access to the best training in self-sufficiency you’ll find.
Here’s what happens once you click the button above!
You’ll go to a secure checkout page. Your data is always protected and safe.
You’ll get an email from us with your login information and details on how to use your membership.
Sharpen Those Skills!
Login in from your home computer, laptop or phone. You’re all set to master traditional skills from the comfort of your home.